Remaining Cottage


There were five cottages that surrounded a small courtyard dating back to the late 1700’s. This is the last remaining cottage which still stands today after renovation in 2003 by the current owners. This cottage today serves as the Special Event & Spa.


The property was originally in the Littler Grant to John Littler and Thomas Rees for 1735 acres – the Yorkshireman’s Branch Farm, afterward Red Bud.

Remaining Cottage, alternate view


Jeremiah Wood purchased the property from the Proprietor’s Office of Northern Neck
(Thomas Lord Fairfax) 377 acres.

Pin It